Friday, October 31, 2008

Printz Discussion

I am very excited to be participating in the Printz Award discussion at CML this year! At the December Youth Services meeting each year, librarians gather for round table discussions of possible award-winning books of the year.

Each year, one of the three "biggies" (Printz, Newbery, or Caldecott) has a meeting devoted to it. Collectively, staff compiles a list of possible winners of the year. Librarians are assigned to a table, at which they will participate in a discussion of 5 or 6 titles. This year there are some great contenders.


My reading assignments are:

  • Shift by Jennifer Bradbury

  • Lock & Key by Sarah Dessen

  • The Fold by An Na

  • Ringside, 1925 by Jen Bryant

  • The Compound by Stephanie Stuve-Bodeen

I'm really pleased with this list. I read Shift over the summer and very much enjoyed it (even included it with my Columbus Parent reviews). The Compound was already on my to-read list on Goodreads. Sarah Dessen is an author I've not yet had a chance to read, but one that I watch and often recommend to teen girls. An Na is brilliant, and Ringside, 1925 sounds like an interesting historical novel.

I am ready to get started!

No comments: