In the last two months, I:
- crept a little further into my 30s
- celebrated my baby turning 4
- read a lot--perhaps I can't really say that I read a lot, but considering the slump I had been in this fall, for me to have read 3 books in the last 2 months is pretty significant. Do you use Goodreads? I've rated and reviewed the books there. But, to sum up, I read and liked Special Topics in Calamity Physics, Faithful Place, and The Hunger Games. I liked Tana French's Faithful Place so much that I forced it upon my husband and my mom, and immediately went out and got another of her books: The Likeness. That's next up, I think. Although, I do also have to start A Short History of Women for book group.
- shopped, baked, and gift-wrapped in preparation for Christmas (little N's first!)
- started wearing a hat!!! (This is noteworthy because I have never worn a hat. Honestly. I look awful in hats. That is, I look awful in every hat in the world except for the one that my fabulous husband found on Etsy.)
- shoveled a lot of snow (while wearing my new hat)
- lost my grandfather
- spent a great deal of time among family; some happy times and some very sad times
- witnessed some old family traditions be abandoned
- made some goals for myself and our family--in case you'd like to try to help me stick to and follow through on these goals, I'll share a few in some later posts.
And how are you?