Today we enjoyed a lovely Spring day at Dawes Arboretum: 1,800 acres, beautiful scenery, elegant landscapes, walking and hiking trails, 15,000 living plants, and many species of wildlife.
Clockwise from top:
- we do not use the timer setting on our camera often enough!
- Dawes Lake
- The Japanese Garden and pond
- The Cypress Swamp
- trees that looked like something out of a Dr. Seuss book
- J scouting salamanders (the salamanders had just migrated days ago to the swamp to begin their breeding season and were extremely well camouflaged, much to J's disappointment)
- goldfish in the pond at the Japanese Garden
- Conifer Glen, where we felt as if we were strolling through the setting of a Jane Austen novel
- my silly boys imprisoned at the Japanese Garden!