Sunday, March 8, 2009

Take Another Looky

Remember Lookybook? I've posted about it before because it's such a cool concept. Although it doesn't appear that they've added any new titles in awhile, it's still worth the occasional look.
During some down time at work last week, I showed the site to one of my young little customers who was hanging around the desk chatting with me. She pulled up a stool and spent a good 15 or 20 minutes clicking through the books, reading to me. It was a great experience. She got some reading practice; she was able to read a book, like the one below, that the library does not currently own; and, it revealed a new dimension in which she could explore books and authors!
Take a peek at I Get Around by Deborah Miner. Cute and active two-page spreads chronicle Rover's day doing his favorite things. It's an enjoyable read for toddlers and preschoolers and boosts early literacy skills such as Print Awareness and Phonological Awareness.




No comments: