Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Books NOT Read...

So, bed rest has given me a slight opportunity to catch up on some starred Twitter posts and blog posts. @bostonbibliophl recently tweeted a post that caught my eye--What books have you NOT read this year? Despite our best intentions, despite the hype and great recommendations that many books get, I think we all end the year not having read a book or two that we thought we would. And, as someone who loves to gift books, what a great way to get some gift ideas. Check out the discussion she generated at her blog, Boston Bibliophile.

It struck me that this year-end topic could be adapted to a little meme, and with a to-read list as long as mine I've definitely got some material! I'm going to focus my list on books I did not read just for lack of time. These aren't books I've changed my mind about or books I started and didn't finish. I do hope to get to them next year!

First up, and probably the most popular response on @bostonbibliophl's post is:


The Help by Kathryn Stockett







A few others:














Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger


And, for readers young and old, The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly










Please share your Have-Reads and Have-Not-Reads!

2 comments:

Marie Cloutier said...

what a fun post. I just found this by doing a google search on my twitter name and I'm glad I did. I love your blog and thanks for the shout outs! :-)

katie said...

Thanks, Marie! And, thanks for the inspiration that sparked this post.

You know, in all the time since I wrote this post, the only book on the list I've managed to get to is _The Help_. I hope the rest don't end up on another "not read" list at the end of this year! :)