Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Snowy Day Drawing

Wow, mid-November and it really feels like winter already. It's a shock to the system at first, and it makes me just want to stay cooped up inside. Part of that is probably due to the fact that J and I are both a little sick right now. Yesterday, I kept him in his fleecy pajamas all day and we watched the snow fall and spent a long time coloring. He went through a crayon obsession this past month, but now he is on to markers. Fun! A little more messy, but fun. :)

He occupied himself for awhile with this drawing, and I flipped through MaryAnn Kohl's book First Art: Art Experiences for Toddlers and Twos, and got some great project ideas for the coming months... easy fingerpaint recipes, a watercolor & crayon resist, printmaking ideas, and a pizza box easel! Once again, I'm thankful for the inspiration and book recommendations from Jean, The Artful Parent!

No comments: