Sunday, November 23, 2008

these are a few of my favorite things...


At the risk of coming across as self-important and snooty or sounding like Oprah or Martha Stewart, I've decided to go ahead with a blog series called 'My Favorite Things'. I think it could be fun, and maybe it will help some of you while searching for the perfect gift this holiday season. I'll post a handful of things and then continue the series a little on down the road with some fresh new favorites.
And, please feel free to add links or post comments about your favorite things.


        1. Great Harvest bread - especially the cinnamon chip. The principal at my husband's school usually gives a loaf to all the teachers at Christmas and Easter, which I think is a nice tradition.



        2. Elizabeth Mitchell's cd You Are My Little Bird - beautiful folky music that makes me imagine it's Spring.



        3. Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks - I love double-duty products!



        4. Aveda Hand Relief Lotion - Aveda's signature scent combined with the most amazing moisturizer.



        5. Shopping for Christmas ornaments and handmade gifts at Columbus' annual Winterfair.



        6. Charley Harper's Birds and Words - Intricate and intriguing art as well as funny, tongue-in-cheek descriptions of various birds. Great addition to the library of an artist or naturalist.



        7. Life is Good tote - Fun and functional!

        2 comments:

        Beth said...

        A new favorite... Cover Girl Wetslicks Amazemint Lip gloss.

        Cheryl said...

        I have been in love with Charley Harper for awhile now and also LOVE LOVE LOVE Elizabeth Mitchell. I would listen to her even if I didn't have a little one :)